Rules for Non-Pet Owners Who Visit and Like to Complain About Our Pets
1. The cats live here. You don’t.
2. If you don’t want cat hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture
3. I like my cats a lot better than I like most people
4. To you, they’re cats. To me, they’re an adopted son or daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn’t speak clearly
5. Cats are better than kids. They eat less, don’ t ask for money all the time, are easier to train, sometimes come when called, never drive your car, don’t hang out with drug-using friends, don’t smoke or drink, don’t worry about buying the latest fashions, don’t wear your clothes, don’t need a gazillion dollars for college, and if they get pregnant, you can sell the kittens.
6. They ignore you until you are asleep.